Friday, December 24, 2010

Having Crohn's Disease Taught Me to Eat Small Meals Every 2-3 Hours

Crohn's is an inflammation of the intestines. It is an open wound inside the intestines anywhere from top to bottom. That means if yo have it you have to watch what you are eating and how often you eat. Back in 1995 I was diagnosed with Crohn's and very quickly I realized I need to have some food in my stomach all the time.
See, if I get hungry I get a sore stomach, and you would think that when you do have a sore stomach you should not eat, right? Wrong, in my case it is wrong anyway. I have noticed that every time I get really hungry I get a really sore stomach and I have to go toilet. But if I eat something as soon as I get slightly hungry, then I am fine and can manage my chronic disease. How easy is that, managing your chronic disease with nutrition.
Looking at Wikipedia I read that this is exactly what one should do to control Crohn's. It also recommends exercise. Nutrition and exercise are the two prime reasons for me keeping healthy and controlling my Crohn's. Nutrition is the number one prime cause of health and exercise comes to complement it. If done right they can together give you a very healthy body that will come over many diseases because its immune system is so strong that really - there is no chronic disease anymore.
"Truth about Abs" which I bought recently on the net is a good program that combines exercise and nutrition. It talks about consuming 5-6 small balanced meals throughout the day. The reason for that is that the body needs to be nourished all the time as well as processing food at small portions. It is not healthy for your body to have one big meal at breakfast then another big one at lunch and another at dinner and that is it.
I am a walking proof that adopting this lifestyle of eating small meals, each contain a small portion of healthy fat, healthy carbohydrate, and healthy protein, as well as exercising regularly is the best thing to come over Crohn's disease and keep healthy.
How many times did you get to lunch time absolutely starving? Heck, just today I hear a friend of mine who works in a construction site saying he is sick of starving all day. Would be good and much more productive if he could get 15 minutes every 3 hours to have something healthy to eat. His mind and physical condition would have been much better off.
Roy Gol is an expert Nutrition Adviser and creator and owner of Acai House where you get instant access to Truth about Six Pack Abs
I invite you to visit my blog and find out what Truth about Six Pack Abs has to offer. Start your journey to lose weight while doing fun exercises at home and eating tasty fatty food AcaiHouse.net

No comments:

Post a Comment